Thursday 13 June 2013

JUNES LITTLE TREASURES

So this week iv been hitting the highstreet, after all it's been payday, iv worked hard & that always justifies a shopping splurge.
....  

I am definitely big on chunky gold necklaces at the minute, they're great to team up with something plain to instantly add glam & dress a casual outfit up. After falling in love with New Looks jewellery  range a few months ago, after them running their buy one get one free promotion.
(which they should really bring back..
However after resisting buying the most amazing coral wedges.. (which i may have to go back for...oops!) 
I decided to pick up two necklaces instead .
(i don't understand my logic here either?)

One was from the New look limited edition range, it has a black rope chain. which is different for me, I do not own anything remotely similar. It's a very bold & heavily detailed neckpiece, despite the high detailing it's very light weight & comfortable to wear, it will look AMAZING under a shirt collar though!



This amazing piece is Limited Edition & it's selling fast, ladies waste no more time & get yourselves down the highstreet. 
This necklace is available for £14.99
Grab yours quick!!
....

The next glamourous gold necklace I couldn't resist is slightly more of a bargain price. It's from New Look again. But this one comes in at £6.99
This piece is definitely light weight, it's more of a every day necklace. But it could still dress something up. But  I was after something to dress up a plain-ish top 
(I own a lot of plain tops.. due to being so fussy)


I will definitely be teaming this up with a low neckline razor back vest, a top knot bun, &
an orange lipstick to create a summer look.
(even in the gloomy muggy weather..)
....

Saving the best till last..
I simply adore topshop's freedom jewellery range & when I purchase from this range it's a definite treat. I was really fancying something unusual. Preferably something that could tie in with the massive jungle theme which is on trend at the minute 


I dropped on this absolutely gorgeous piece.
It has a real african jungle theme to it & i've not seen anything remotely similar on the highstreet. 
I literally could NOT leave this on the shelf. 
This piece was a small fortune it comes in at £16.50
(But I just couldnt resist this treasure)
....

I have been itching to get my hands on MAC's "Rebel" Satin finish lipstick.
It comes in at £14.00
After several trips to the counter & several swatches on my hand, I decided that enough was enough & I had to finally bite the bullet & add this to my strangely large collection...
(one more wont hurt right?) 


This Shade is a deep purple shade with a high pink underlay pigment. Everyones natural lip colouring varies so of course this colour looks different on many skin tones. 
Below is a swatch of the shade

After many people recommending this shade to me, telling me it would really compliment my olive skin tone. I was finally won over
 but with MAC lipstick's it really doesn't take much to persuade me 
I was slightly concerned after reading many reviews on this colour that when applied it looks more pink than purple. This was the only thing that was making me doubt picking up this shade.
LUCKILY my natural lip colouring was on my side & I definitely have fallen in love with this shade.

Below is me wearing the colour



....

So will you be hitting the highstreet for any of the June Must haves?
Are you getting the gold costume jewellery fever?
....

2 comments:

  1. Great purchases.

    I love that Limited Edition New Look necklace, it would be a great statement piece on a plain shirt!

    I love Rebel, it was the first MAC lipstick I tried, it looks great on you btw :)

    Shanaz @ La Belle Aventure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks
      I know the New Look necklace is amazing, it's so worth purchasing!
      & aw thank you, its definitely one of my favorite MAC lipsticks!

      Delete